Friday, August 16, 2013

Cafepress News & Stuff - The Admin Shop

Good Day Blogger world!

I may have mentioned that I'm on Cafepress, and I have a shop.  Actually, I have a few - and there will probably be more because I've run up against the limit of sections for one shop (again :P).  In case you haven't heard of it, Cafepress is a customization site with a marketplace component that allows users to sell things with their own designs on them.  I've been a Cafepress shop owner since about 2010, and now I earn enough to cover my internet costs each month.  Bear in mind, this is at the lowest price I could get internet, but there is often a little left over after that too.

Here's something interesting that Cafepress does, or has done for me in the recent past.  Not too long ago, another shop appeared in my account, one that I did not create.  I was taken aback at first, but apparently this is something Cafepress does if it (they?) feel(s) that certain of your designs would work well on products they don't currently appear on.  I have actually had 2 sales result from that, so I'm cool with it.  I try not to meddle with it too much, but I felt the need to spruce it up today as I was doing some Cafepress housekeeping.  Here's the link if you'd like to see what it looks like:

http://www.cafepress.com/admin_cp14439106

Here is an example of one of the things that has sold through this shop.

Maiko Silhouette Dark Maternity T-Shirt Maternity Shirt (dark) Admin Store

These are not things I decided to include (although there may be some duplicates between my other shops and this one), and I wouldn't have guessed that a black on black design would sell (when this item sold, the shirt was only available in black).  When it did sell, I realized that this particular design actually does look nice on a black background - it adds an air of mystery to it, which suits the subject matter.  So I added a similar product to my main shop.

I don't know how much of this is an actual person stocking this shop and how much is automated.  Not sure how well the white seahorse is going to work out on the white background of this phone cover, but that remains to be seen.  I haven't changed any of the products so far , though I may decide to adjust some of them.

In other news (as I mentioned earlier), I'm going to have to put up a new shop to make room in my old shop.  I've decided to make a few mini shops containing images from my calendars.  This could get confusing.  I will have to find a way around that, and for the near future it will probably involve links.

That's all the news for now!  As always, thanks for reading!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment