Monday, January 28, 2013

Hot Cocoa on a Monday...Also, Theories About Time

Good day, blogger world!

The title of today's blog was the first thing that came to mind as something I'm doing/having right now.  As with most of my Mondays, I have most of it free to fill my time with tasks and projects.  Tomorrow I have a job interview, at a place I think I would actually like to work doing something I might actually like to do.  So wish me luck on that, if you would.

Feeling pretty good about this pictures-within-pictures project, all told.  Already thinking of ways I could do it differently, of course, but that's a thought for later.  About 352 days later.  What you're seeing here is my illustrations for the 26th.  Hopefully there won't be too many hiccups like these, but I suspect this won't be the last.  While I wasn't thinking about this when I created the line art, this image makes me think of a book I read a little while ago that changed my perspective on a lot of things.  It's called "Is There Life After Death" by Anthony Peake, and it was quite a bit different from what I was expecting.  One of the things I got out of it was a crash course in quantum physics and a lot of different theories about time.  That we should be able to remember the future the way we remember the past, that time may simply be a mechanism of our minds for interpreting the world such that it makes sense to us, that everything that has every happened is always 'happening' and always will be 'happening'.....A real interesting read.  Some of these things actually did occur to me when I started this project.  We measure time in a forward, linear fashion, with each moment followed by another, and another, disappearing as the next one takes its place - but what if one thought of it in a picture-within-picture kind of way.  As we get farther away from each moment, and the next one is revealed, what we experience in that moment just becomes part of the next, and each becomes part of the bigger picture.  So that the final picture, if there is one, is the whole of time, with everything that's ever happened all in one place.  Not completely different from how we think of time now, the only difference being that all of time is right there in one moment.   Maybe that's what one or more of these theories was getting at.  I really need to find time to do some more research.

Anyway, that's my entry for now.  I may try to get one more in today just to get up to speed.  Until then, later blogger world!

No comments:

Post a Comment