Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Day at Home Art Making, Remembering I am lucky.....

Greetings, Blogger world...

I spent the morning and afternoon of this Rememberance Day at home, drawing.  I observed a moment of silence, along with the radio announcer on the program I was listening to (I think it was In Concert on CBC Radio 2), and then went back to drawing.  Whatever it is I'm doing at any given time, chances are I have the veterans of past wars to thank for the freedom to do so.  Not all wars are justified, but the ones that allow us to live in freedom and peace are worth fighting.  When I was little, all the veterans I ever saw were elderly, and wars were something that happened in other places.  Hard to believe there was any span of time at all when I child could think that.  Hopefully there will be more of them as the decades and centuries pass.  

Here is the work I finished today.  I wasn't thinking of Rememberance Day when I drew it, but it ended up being kind of appropriate....
Title:  Shade XII







No comments:

Post a Comment