Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hello again!

Good day to you, Blogger world!

I apologize for my abscence :(. Since we last spoke, I've been let go from Tim Horton's, gone on vacation and come back. My loss of job was due to "not being up to speed", which I think was meant in the literal sense :/. Something to work on, for sure. That said, I'm more than willing to see it as a blessing in disguise. I have more shifts coming up in my other job, a job which is actually very involved in the art world, so I'm not feeling totally pessimistic.

On that note, I would like to introduce you to a venture I started quite some time ago. I had been hoping to find an equivalent to Cafepress based in Canada, since the products I ordered from CP had to come from the other side of the continent and the next country over. I did find a customization site, but quite different from Cafepress. Not in a bad way - I actually find it quite sophisticated. It was a bit intimidating at first (as with so many things), so I didn't go beyond my first couple of uploads for a long time. It's still in its formative stages, but I'm able to approach it with more confidence now. Unlike with Cafepress, where I upload my designs and choose which products they appear on, here I upload the designs and customers can put them on any products they want. There's still a component that allows me to design my own products and put them up in my shop, which is great if someone comes by not wanting to fuss with design tools. Makes my shop look nice and full too :). But it really is about the design here. There is also an option to put one's designs up in the Wordans marketplace. I still retain ownership of the design, but people can search it out and put it on products without going to my shop (I get $2.00 commission for this - not bad). This does mean that someone could use my design in something they put in there shop, but it's still connected to me (ie I still get paid if it sells). I do wish there was a way that customers in this context could connect my design back to me - and maybe there is a way that I haven't discovered yet. Still, it's a pretty cutting edge system, if you ask me.



In other news, I managed to get a bit of drawing done while I was away :). Here is the latest in my deviantart gallery, also available in my deviantart prinshop:

Inkblot Raven Hair by ~Eseopia on deviantART This blog seems to have become lengthy already, so I'll wrap it up here. Until next time, Blogger world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment