Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day by Day.....

Hello again blogger world!

I've been able to get a lot of artmaking done lately. It feels really good, and I'm so grateful to be able to do that. I feel like I'm making it work, little bit by little bit. Sometimes it takes a while to get started, but hopefully in the not-to-distant future, I'll have something that looks like a career I can stand on.

The silk painting is going well. Freestyling with it is really fun, but I'm also getting used to the effects I can create and use. Having worked in ink helps a lot. I even tried using brush pen the sketch on the silk/cotton. I think it gave the wash some coppery tinges, though it could be that there was extra paint in the brush. The tinges remind me of the colours you might get from letting a drop of water fall on a black ink mark. More interesting things to explore.








I'm trying an actual silk painting at this point, or at least a first draft of a silk painting I'd like to execute on a larger scale. I feel good about it so far - again, it's acting something like brush and ink, which I've enoyed working with before.






As for the "Generation T" experience, that is inching along too. I've tried the corsette back idea already (the best part of a not exactly successful project...), and I've done a couple of ruching experiments. One of these resulted in an accidental bikini top :P. Not realistically wearable for me, but probably for somebody (my duct tape body double from college wears it pretty well, at least).




At the bottom of this page is another of my favorite T-shirts. Though it is technically a nighty, it's the same kind of fabric, and roughly the same shape, as a T. I wore this until it started fraying off it's seams. Now it's time to move on.

That's probably enough for tonight. It's late - I'm up late watching a Discovery channel program called "Alien Encounters". A hypothetical first contact scenerio. Gets me thinking. What would I do if aliens were coming? It's hard not to think of it as a potential armageddon scenerio. That's a good question to ask one's self too. There are definitely things I want to do that have little or nothing to do with my career. Moving long distances would be necessary, fair amounts of money would likely be necessary, and a considerable time investment too. As with anything worth doing.

I've got 3 big wishes. One is independance. Nothing unusual. Hopefully I'm heading for it. Maybe not on the fastest course, but heading for it. I suppose one of my requirements must be an independant life as an artist - otherwise I'd be on my own by now. The second is....to meet Evan Lysacek. Yes it is. I won't go on about it, I'll just say it would make me very happy. Doesn't sound that hard when I write it out. And hey, at the rate he travels the world, maybe my chances aren't that bad. OK, number 3. To be on So You Think You Can Dance. That used to be "Be on So You think You Can Dance Canada", but evidently I took too long preparing >_<. That CTV chose to axe my favorite show (and, well, my dream) burns me up just a little. Reason? Low ratings on the season 4 finale, if I remember correctly. The finale that coincided with the 10th anniversary of 9-11 (people might have been watching other things that day - and yes, I still caught the finale). Maybe I've prepared too half-hartedly. It isn't too late yet, technically. At least I have a deadline. 30 years old, then time's up. On to the next thing. Where was I going with this? What would I do if the world were about to change forever? I guess I know one reason why it's a good idea to ask that question - because even those plans take time, and we never know what kind of time frame we're really working with.

*Whew* It is defintely time to pack it in! Whoops - almost forgot tags! OK, that's it. 'Till next time Blogger world! -_-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cool! I am trying to figure out how to subscribe to it. <3 R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Rebecca! I'll see if there isn't a setting I need to turn on/off....
      <3 R

      Delete
    2. Hey Becca! I've done some fussing around and figured out how to follow your blog. Did you have to add that follow function as a gadget or something?

      Delete